Who doesn’t want white teeth that shine brightly when you smile? Having beautiful teeth is more than just getting a pleasant appearance, it also means that you have a healthy mouth. Before physical attractiveness, physical health should always come first.
Most of the time, teeth whitening services work best for those who have yellow teeth than those who have brown ones. Why should you have teeth whitening? Your mouth goes through a lot. You eat various foods in a day. Those can stain your teeth. Would you still expect it to be clean and white?
Thus, teeth whitening services are offered in dental clinics which just usually last not for more than an hour. Yes, there are commercial products that promise to whiten teeth. But then, safety and the great result will still be in question. Not like when you go to a certified dental clinic and get the service from professionals.
If you’ve already undergone such procedure many times, good for you. For those who’ll have it for the first time, you may or may not have expectations.
Well, here are some things you can look forward to when you get teeth whitening services:
- Dentists use whitening gel for teeth whitening activated with a UV light. They have to protect your lips and gums from the substance. So, they cover those parts.
- You can actually listen to music or watch a TV show during the procedure.
- You may experience a bit of pain, but only in flash moments. This is due to the natural reaction of your nerve during the process. You may still feel the pain after the session, that’s why your dentist will give you ibuprofen.
- You have every right to ask the dentist to stop the procedure if it gets too painful which you think you can’t really handle.
- After cleaning, teeth can be very sensitive. Don’t worry! Your dentist will definitely not miss applying a special fluoride gel to relieve the sensitivity.
- After cleaning, you can also expect your dentist to give you advice what foods to avoid that can stain your teeth such as coffee, red wine, etc.
- After your session, the dentist will give you a customized kit so you can still keep your teeth white and beautiful teeth even at home.
Teeth bleaching is another method to whiten teeth. It involves the use of hydrogen peroxide which you can do at home. However, make sure to talk about this with your dentist first. Because if you do it improperly, it can lead to burning of the gums.
If you really aim to get the best results with teeth whitening services Fairfax VA, talk to a licensed dentist personally. Yes, you can buy over-the-counter products, yet you might get products with a very small amount of whitening agent. Unlike when you go to a clinic, a credible dentist will surely deliver customized services understanding that each patient has unique oral health needs.